EwA Internship » Biodiversity Citizen Science
EwA is looking for community-minded and eco-driven interns to learn about, and help our organization advance climate & wildlife conservation citizen sciences in our communities.
EwA’s mission is to empower individuals, communities and organizations to interact responsibly and ethically with the natural world. Whether as an enthusiast, tourist, or scientific inquirer, EwA helps to prepare each of us to adopt responsible nature ethics and to minimize ecological disruptions to the habitats surrounding and sustaining us. We engage communities through citizen science and teach an approach that involves each individual in concrete conservation efforts taking place around the world. We strive to build a network of environmental leaders who will be prepared to take impactful strategies and skills into their industries.
Join a great organization & a caring community. Apply today!
The internship is ideal for undergraduates and graduate students preferably studying environmental sciences, ecology, and/or conservation biology.
It’s a great opportunity to contribute to developing and implementing citizen science
Role Description & Requirements (*)
- Must be college junior, senior or grad student
- Must receive academic credit. This internship is unpaid.
- Receive liability insurance through your school. No individual plans will be accepted.
- Qualified candidates need to have an interest in conservation biology, forest and wetland ecology and conservation. Candidates need to be willing to do fieldwork in any weather condition, and hike through dense brush, mud and water.
To apply, submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Academic advisor contact info
- 2019 Fall internship: 07/21/19
- 2020 Summer internship: 05/21/20
Please contact: Claire O’Neill
(*) The same position is available as a long-term volunteer position. Contact us if you’re interested in joining us!
Sharing is Caring Spread the word!