EwA Internship » Biodiversity Citizen Science
EwA is looking for community-minded and eco-driven interns to help our organization advance climate & wildlife conservation citizen sciences in our communities.
EwA’s mission is to empower individuals, communities and organizations to interact responsibly and ethically with the natural world. Whether as an enthusiast, tourist, or scientific inquirer, EwA helps to prepare each of us to adopt responsible nature ethics and to minimize ecological disruptions to the habitats surrounding and sustaining us. We engage communities through citizen science and teach an approach that involves each individual in concrete conservation efforts taking place around the world. We strive to build a network of environmental leaders who will be prepared to take impactful strategies and skills into their industries.
Join a great organization & a caring community. Apply today!
The internship is ideal for graduate students preferably studying ecology, and/or conservation biology.
It’s a great opportunity to contribute to developing and implementing citizen science
Our EwA internships are very special. They are mentorships. We train our interns to work and live with real-world problems. That is, we train explicitly for leadership skills, open science methodology, critical thinking, and systems thinking. We dedicate invaluable time and resources to those internships. Motivation, commitment, and accountability in an intern are what we screen for.
Role Description & Requirements (*)
- Must be a grad student
- Must receive academic credit. This internship is unpaid.
- Receive liability insurance through your school. No individual plans will be accepted.
- Qualified candidates need to have an interest in biodiversity study, conservation biology, forest and wetland ecology, and have earned credit in one of those disciplines (or closely related).
- Candidates need to be willing to do fieldwork in any weather condition and hike through dense brush, mud, and water.
To apply, submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Academic advisor contact info
2020 Summer internship: CLOSED. Fall internship candidacy: Ongoing.
Please contact: Claire O’Neill
(*) The same position is available as a long-term volunteer position. Contact us if you’re interested in joining us!
Sharing is Caring Spread the word!